Hello there! I'm a programmer and writer.
I currently work as an iOS developer at Asana and have a degree in computer science & mathematics from the University of British Columbia. I live in San Francisco with my girlfriend Sherry and our small canine companion Rooibos.
- I'm in the (very) early stages of trying to build an iOS-assed iOS app for spaced repetition.
- A Prince of Foxes
- After noodling around with various NaNoWriMo projects during the pandemic, I'm finally tackling a "real" novel that I hope to publish one day, which I'm tentatively calling A Prince of Foxes.
- It's intended to be sociological epic fantasy in the vein of Game of Thrones or Dune.
- The rough draft is currently 15,681 words out of an estimated ???.
- I sometimes put unpolished short fiction up here. Two of my favorites are "The Bridge" and "The Factory".
- I try to read 52 books and watch 52 films per year. I collect some of my favorite quotes from them.
- I'm attempting to write up my favorite recipes, mostly for my own use.
Once upon a time I wrote a personal newsletter called Applied Dilettantery:
- Season 1 was primarily life updates and reviews of my media diet.
- Season 2 was short, stream-of-consciousness essays about ideas that grabbed my attention, released biweekly.
- Season 3 was a weekly series of short stories.
- Season 4 was a weekly dump of my favorite links of the week and some short essays.
I stopped writing it when I realized it wasn't encouraging me to write any more than I normally did. In fact, I came to view it as a hassle that got in the way of the "real" writing I wanted to do, not to mention the weekly cadence meant the average quality was quite poor.
I may revive the newsletter in the future, but it will likely look very different.
This site is generated with the Publish static site generator, using a theme handwritten by me 🙂 It uses Vollkorn as the main font. It's served out of an S3 bucket behind Cloudflare's CDN, with the infrastructure managed by Terraform.
Unless otherwise specified, all content on this site is licensed under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license.