Hello there! I'm a programmer and writer.
- A Prince of Foxes
- After noodling around with various NaNoWriMo projects during the pandemic, I'm finally tackling a "real" novel that I hope to publish one day, which I'm tentatively calling A Prince of Foxes.
- It's intended to be sociological epic fantasy in the vein of Game of Thrones or Dune.
- The exploratory rough draft of 29,017 words is completed.
- The initial outline of 2,637 words is completed.
- The first draft is currently 14,768 words out of an estimated 75,000.
- I'm in the (very) early stages of trying to build an iOS-assed iOS app for spaced repetition.
The best way to keep up with me is to punch in your email below to subscribe to
rwblog, my (very) erratically released newsletter.
Historical note: I used to call my newsletter Applied Dilettantery and organize it into seasons, as recommended by Robin Sloan. Although I no longer follow that format, here were the seasons for reference:
- Season 1 was primarily life updates and reviews of my media diet.
- Season 2 was short, stream-of-consciousness essays about ideas that grabbed my attention, released biweekly.
- Season 3 was a weekly series of short stories.
- Season 4 was a weekly dump of my favorite links of the week and some short essays.
- I sometimes put unpolished short fiction up here. Two of my favorites are "The Bridge" and "The Factory".
- I try to read 52 books and watch 52 films per year. I collect some of my favorite quotes from them.
- I'm attempting to write up my favorite recipes, mostly for my own use.
- I wrote up the tools I'm using in 2022.
I live in San Francisco with my girlfriend Sherry and our small canine companion Rooibos.
This site is generated with the Publish static site generator, using a theme handwritten by me 🙂 It uses Vollkorn as the main font. It's served out of an S3 bucket behind Cloudflare's CDN, with the infrastructure managed by Terraform. You can see the full source on Github.
Unless otherwise specified, all content on this site is licensed under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license.