A Prince of Foxes
After noodling around with various NaNoWriMo projects during the pandemic, I'm finally tackling a "real" novel that I hope to publish one day, which I'm tentatively calling A Prince of Foxes. It's intended to be sociological epic fantasy in the vein of Game of Thrones or Dune.
- The exploratory rough draft of 29,017 words is completed.
- The initial outline of 2,637 words is completed.
- The first draft is currently 56,106 words out of an estimated 90,000.
I’m experimenting with SwiftUI by building a simple iOS client for Buttondown, my favorite email newsletter service. It’s currently available on TestFlight by invite.
The best way to keep up with me is to punch in your email below to subscribe to
rwblog, my (very) erratically released newsletter.
Historical note: I used to call my newsletter Applied Dilettantery and organize it into seasons, as recommended by Robin Sloan. Although I no longer follow that format, here were the seasons for reference:
- Season 1 was primarily life updates and reviews of my media diet.
- Season 2 was short, stream-of-consciousness essays about ideas that grabbed my attention, released biweekly.
- Season 3 was a weekly series of short stories.
- Season 4 was a weekly dump of my favorite links of the week and some short essays.
- I sometimes put unpolished short fiction up here. Two of my favorites are "The Bridge" and "The Factory".
- I log the books and films I read and watch. I try to do 52 of each per year.
- I collect some of my favorite quotes.
- I write up some of my favorite recipes, mostly for my own use.
- I wrote about the tools I'm using in 2022.
Professionally, I am an iOS developer at Asana. I have a bachelor's degree in computer science & mathematics from the University of British Columbia, though generally speaking my interests lean towards the humanities (particularly history, cultural anthropology, political science, and economics).
I live in San Francisco with my fiancée Sherry and our small canine companion Rooibos.
This site is generated with the Publish static site generator, using a theme handwritten by me 🙂 It uses Tailwind CSS for styling and Vollkorn as the main font. It's served out of an AWS S3 bucket behind Cloudflare's CDN, with the infrastructure managed by Terraform.
You can see the full source on Github.
Unless otherwise specified, all content on this site is licensed under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license.