Sesame Grilled Cheese Bagel
- One sesame seed bagel
- One tbsp of butter
- One block of sharp cheddar (or another cheese, to taste)
- Two Thai red chili peppers
- Two teaspoons of Sichuan peppercorn
- (optional) One turkey slice
- Cut the bagel in half.
- Slice off a quarter-inch thick block of cheese. Lay it on top of the bottom bagel half.
- Mince two Thai red chili peppers.
- Spread the minced Thai red chili peppers and roughly two teaspoons of Sichuan peppercorns on top of the cheese.
- (optional) Fold the slice of turkey on top of the cheese, pepper, and peppercorn.
- Put the top half of the bagel on top of the bottom half.
- Melt one tbsp of butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, place the bagel in the middle of the frying pan. Press it using a sandwich press or simply weight it down with another pan.
- After two or three minutes, or once the cheese starts to melt, flip the bagel with a spatula. Press it again.
- After another two or three minutes, or once the cheese is fully melted, take the bagel off the frying pan.
- Cut the bagel lengthwise.