Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 4 oz pecorino romano
- Olive oil
- Cook the spaghetti al dente, usually about 1-2 min less than the package instructions.
- Remember: the water for boiling should be as salty as the sea!
- Reserve 2 cups of the pasta water when you’re done.
- Coat a pan in olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Once the oil is shimmering, add the pepper and cook for half a minute or so.
- Add 3/4 cup of the pasta water and let it boil to form an emulsion.
- Drain the pasta and toss it in the pan.
- Sprinkle most of the cheese into the pasta and toss to combine. Add additional pasta water as needed to prevent clumping.
- Garnish with more cheese and black pepper.